ADAM – Active Directory Audit & Monitoring is a software owned by Venticento, developed according to the needs of our current customers. It is a web based application that gets information from Active Directory and stores it into a SQL server database.
It enables sysadmins to easily spot errors and misconfiguration in user and computer accounts, compare changes over time, and test account properties against security and business rules to identify violations. Results can be browsed in the Adam gui or exported and saved for further review.
Results can be browsed in the ADAM web inteface or exported and saved for further review in Excel o CSV format.
Adam can be useful for people managing Active Directory. It enables to:
– Have a clear understanding of account properties
– Prepare and present audit reports
– Identify changes in account properties and group membership over time
– Test user and computer accounts against built-in and custom rules for business and security complian
• Adam retrieves information on domain accounts and group membership from Active Directory, and stores it in a relational database. Data can be presented online, and built-in reports are available to export both current data and comparison with a point in time to see what has changed between runs.
Example of reports are:
– Administrative users
– Obsolete users and computers
– Users with passwords not expiring
– Added or removed users and computers
– Group membership change
User and computer account properties can be tested against security and business rules to check for violation. Adam comes with a built-in set of rules that can be extended with custom rules.
Examples of built-in rules are:
– Password never expires
– Last logon over 180 days
– Password not required
– Account is locked
– Password with reversible encryption
Scan results are saved in the database, they generate trending charts to monitor rule violations over time.